Materials for GPSC, UPSC, IBPS, Clerk, SBI, Post, TAT, TET, HTAT, PSI, LIC, ONGC, Sub Registrar Exam, SSC etc.
1. Who won her first World Cup individual recurve gold medal in Archery?
2. Who took over as 28th chief secretary of Madhya Pradesh succeeding Avani Vaish?
3. Which state’s Chief Minister has demanded law to deal with cases of discrimination against northeastern students?
Meghalaya CM Mukul Sangma
4. ISRO recently gave clearance for using which frequency band from satellite for internet on trains?
5. Which company bagged the contract for deploying Bharti Airtel’s 4G network in Karnataka?
6. Who became the first cricketer to hit 5 consecutive T20 fifties?
7. Who won the award in the best Actress category at the London Asian Film Festival (LAFF) 2012 for her film ‘Bol’?
8. Which type of SIM cards are Switzerland based Geo Communications AG, launching in
International Mobile Subscriber Identity(IMSI) SIM cards which will allow multiple
mobile numbers from different operators on a single SIM card
9. To help clear cane arrears of over Rs.10,000 crore which commodities exports has been
let free by Government of India recently?
10. Which industry in India will celebrate 100 years of its existence in May 2013?
Indian Film Industry (May 3rd 1913 to May 3rd 2013)
11. When is Facebook (IPO) set to go public?
May 18th 2012
12. When will the phased Basel III capital regulation in India be implemented as per RBI
January 1st, 2013 (to be fully implemented by March 31st, 2018)
13. Name the multifaceted personality (a poet, an author or a painter) whose 150th birth
anniversary would be celebrated on May 8th 2012.
14. Which sport in Goa will benefit from the Government’s decision as it will be declared
15. Where in India Archeological Survey of India is planning gallery on Harappan
16. Where in India the 49th Raising Day of the Central Command was celebrated on 3rd May
17. Where in Tamil Nadu, Tamil Nadu Industrial Development Corporation (Tidco) is
planning to establish aerospace park?
18. Where in Coimbatore, Government has planned to setup cold storage facility for
19. Which German sportswear maker has planned to shut down 1/3rd of its 900 Reebok
stores in India?
20. Which Kolhapur-based bank is looking at an IPO in 2 years?
21. Which resource in nuclear reactors will be used for power generation as the Government
has decided to start construction of 300MW reactor by 2016-17?
22. As Indian Parliament holds special sitting on Sunday to celebrate 60th anniversary, when was India’s first Parliament session held?
May 13th, 1952
23. Which country slapped a fine of $80,000 fine on Air India recently?
US Transportation Department
24. Which Finance company recently deferred its Rs.1,665 crore IPO, which opened on May
25. Name the firm which is planning to build mud cottages in Gir area of Junagadh district.
Swati Infratech Pvt. Ltd.
26. In which glacier have geologists discovered hot water from geothermal sources which is nearly 15 degrees arm in plunging -40 degree Celsius weather?
27. Name the Indian who became first Asian-origin UK councilor.
28. Name the ‘Big Bang’ scientist whom France jailed for terror plot.
29. What value of fund will Asian Development Bank provide to India for 2012-2014 for the
development of various projects?
30. Name the West Indian cricketer who has set an eye on bollywood after IPL.
31. Who is elected as Chair of the ADB’s Board of Governors?
32. Which country will host the 46th annual meeting of the Asian Development Bank in
India in New Delhi
33. Name the Indian-origin doctor who won the London Assembly (Ealing and Hillingdon)
Dr.Onkar Singh Sahota
34. Who is elected as President of France?
35. Which mobile operator is the biggest gainer of mobile number portability (MPN) service
36. Which 2 Indian women won the 16th Asian Team Squash Championship?
Joshna Chinnappa and Dipika Pallikal
37. Name the US secretary who is India on a 3-day visit asking to reduce oil imports from
Iran on the agenda.
38. Which series of bollywood actor’s TV debut got a thumbs up from the Hindi film
40. Which popular comic is featuring members of Delhi Daredevils players like Virender Sehwag, Irfan Pathan and Kevin Pietersen?
Chacha Chaudhary in Sabu new comic series
41. Who was sworn in as Russian president for 2nd time?
42. Who won the silver medal at the 3rd International ‘Republic of Kazakhstan President’s
Cup’ held in Almaty, kazakhstan?
43. Name the hockey player who died after being hit in the head by the ball during a game in
44. Which movie team is set to open 4-day Children’s Film Festival to be held in Goa from
May 11th 2012?
45. Which state’s first marine training institute will be operational from August 2012?
46. Which state of Jaipur will host first edition of 3-day Fashion Week from May 24th 2012?
47. After completing a year post acquisition of Patni Computer which company dropped
Patni from its brand name?
48. India’s Finance minister recently scrapped a ‘draconian’ clause under which law?
49. Red Hat recently setup its R&D centres in which locality outside North America?
Pune and Bangalore in India
50. Which PSU acquired 51% stake in Bharti Axa Mutual Fund?
Bank of India
51. Who created national record by winning silver medal at the Altius Track Crew Threwdown meet in maui Island, Hawaii?
52. Who is appointed as Russian Prime Minister?
53. Name the aircraft carrier and nuclear submarine India is set to get in 2013.
Admiral Gorshkov and INS Arihant
54. What was rolled back on realty as excise on gold jewellery?
Tax Deducted at Source
55. Where in London a centre dedicated to the life and work of Rabindranath Tagore has
56. Name the former chairman of ICICI bank and billionaire investor who are re-appointed to
the Arcelor Mittal board?
N.Vaghul and Wilbur Ross
57. When was the World Red Cross day celebrated?
58. Which street is renamed after Roger Federer in Germany?
Weststrasse renamed as Roger-Federer-Allee
59. Which cricketer is likely to make an appearance in filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s
‘Ferrari Ki Sawari’?
60. Lahore based Ajoka has planned for 4-day theatre festival to pay tribute to which birth
centenarian as on May 2012?
Saadat Hassan Manto
61. NSG base will be setup in which part of India?
Which Oscar-winning musician has been conferred with his first American Honorary Doctorate by the Miami University?
62. Name the Russian plane which went missing on a demonstration over Indonesia in the area of Mount Salak recently.
Sukhoi Superjet 100
63. Name the former Ukraine Prime Minister who ended her 20-day hunger strike after
claiming that her guards handled her roughly while in prison.
64. Which sector is likely to get electronic development fund to promote its R&D activities?
Information Development sector
65. Denominations above what value should now be machine processed for authenticity by bank branches as per RBI notification?
Rs.100 and above
66. Which singer is awarded America’s highest civilian honour “The Medal of Freedom”?
67. Who won the Google Photography Prize 2012?
Viktor Johansson (A Swedish Student)
68. What is the name of the Carrie Underwood’s album released on May 1st 2012?
69. Which singers were awarded 2012′s Sweden highest music honour “The Polar Music
Paul Simon and Yo-Yo Ma
70.Which bollywood actor is starring in the Hollywood movie “The Amazing Spider-man”?
71. Name the bill passed by Rajya Sabha in India to protect children against sexual abuse.
Protection of Children Against Sexual Offences Bill
72. Name the bill approved by the Union Cabinet in India to regulate the micro finance industry and bring the micro lenders under the purview of RBI.
Micro Finance Sector Development and Regulation Bill, 2011
73. Which city in India leads household penetration of the internet as per Census 2011?
74. Which sporting tournament will be held in Orissa from 11th May to 28th May 2012?
66th National Football Championship for Santosh Trophy 2012
75. How many districts of the border state of Punjab will get clusters of food processing
industry post United Nation’s Industrial Development Organisation’s survey?
76. AICTE has allowed private engineering colleges to run dual degree programme for
bachelor of engineering and master of technology courses in which state recently?
Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
77. In which year MotoGP set to make its debut in India?
78. WHO in its ‘International Travel and Health Bulletin 2012′ issued a malaria alert to which
79. Which society in Goa is organising children’s film festival from May 11th to 13th 2012 at
Maquinez Palace, Panaji?
Entertainment Society of Goa
80. Which state in India has made ID proof mandatory for pregnant women who undergo ultrasound?
81. WHO has urged which country to act on Palestinian hunger-strike?
82. Which state announced 500MW gas-fired power plant in its budget session recently?
83. Who has been named EPL manager of the year?
84. Which country recently honoured over 150 peacekeepers?
85. Which football sporting event will India bid to host at the FIFA Congress in Budapest
scheduled for May 24th and 25th 2012?
Under-17 World Cup in 2017
86. Punjab has recently achieved a record wheat crop produce of what value?
120 lakh tones
87. Which 3 northeastern Indian states will have its own high courts?
Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya
88. Jammu and Kashmir Government will set up Development and Management Authority to
promote which sport in the state?
89. Where in Kozhikode UL Cyber Park with Special Economic Zone status is built?
90. Which airline will become first to provide in-flight mobile access in UK?
91. Which country has BCCI allowed to play in Champions League T20 in India?
92. Which country’s president visited India recently?
Maldivian President, Mohammed Waheed
93. Where and at what cost was The Arcelor Mittal Orbit has been built?
London, amounting to 22.7million pounds
94. Name the Indian American who has been named as Chancellor of California.
95. Where in India “Veer Bharat Premises”, a unique museum dedicated to Indian heroes will
96. Name the Venezuelan who won his maiden Formula One Spanish Grand Prix 2012.
97. Who won the woman single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
98. Who won the men single’s Madrid Masters title 2012?
99. Name the companies that Nigeria’s telecom authority fined a total of 7.3 million dollars
for providing poor services to customers.
Bharti Airtel, MTN, Etisalat and Globacom
100. Which bank has is ranked 2nd most profitable public sector bank in terms of annual profit
for the fiscal year ended March, 2012?
Bank of Baroda
101. Who has been appointed as TRAI chairman for a 3 year term?
102. Where in India first 2MW solar power plant started functioning?
103. Where was the British World War II fighter plan found recently?
104. Which 3 countries have warned North Korea on further Nuclear tests?
China, Japan and South Korea
105. Who will temporarily replace Yahoo Chief Executive Scott Thompson?
106. Which 3 India’s bank and Insurance Company did Credit ratings agency Moody’s
ICICI bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank and Life Insurance Corporation
107. Which automobile maker is planning Rs.1,500 crore plant in Tamil Nadu?
108. Which Chennai-based hospital became the first in India to receive the ‘halal’ certification
from the Halal Development Authority?
Global Health City
109. Which company signed a deed with the National Apprenticeship Scheme of Britain to
impart software skills training for about 100 youths in Britain?
110. What is the theme of World Economic Forum which is to be held in India between 6th
and 8th November 2012?
From Deliberation to Transformation
111. Name the Indian who became the youngest to win Asian Chess Championship.
112. Which Asian country was invited by NATO to Chicago summit 2nd day of which will
focus on Afghanistan?
113. Name the child actor who acted in movie ‘Paa’ died in the Nepal plane crash recently.
114. Name the mass segment vehicle launched by Honda targeting Indian market.
115. Who won the top player in the English Premier League’s history?
116. Who won the top manager award for the past 20 years in EPL?
117. Which 3 North Eastern states will have planetarium by 2013?
Nagaland, Manipur and Jorhat in Assam
118. Which state will introduce a bill to protect heritage buildings which are not protected by
the Archaeological Survey of India or the state archeological department?
Tamil Nadu (Tamil Nadu Heritage Commission Bill 2012)
119. Which country’s President has been fined $17,000 by its electoral authorities for urging
his Facebook followers on polling day to vote for him?
Taiwan (President Ma Ying-jeou)
120. In which Junior Asia Cup tournament did India bag Bronze medal recently?
121. Who will help bring the Olympic flame to Britain along with 5 young Britons as a formal
handover ceremony in Athens, London 2012 on 18th May 2012?
122. Which company is planning to open ‘Motherwood Maternity’, ‘A pea in the Pod’ and
‘Destination Maternity’ brands in India?
123. Where in India the first store of ‘Destination Maternity’ is opened by Mahindra Retail?
124. Which town in Odisha touched 45 degree Celsius on 16th May 2012?
Sambalpur, Hirakud, Titilagarh, Jharsuguda and Sonepur
125. Which company was allowed by Indian cabinet to sign a gas purchase agreement with
Turkmenistan national oil firm?
GAIL India Ltd.
126. Bharti Airtel tied-up for mobile banking services with which bank recently?
127. Nomura downgraded which company from ‘buy’ to ‘reduce’?
Larsen and Toubro
128. Nomura downgraded which company from ‘buy’ to ‘neutral’?
129. What did Rajya Sabha approve in the Copyright Amendment Bill seeking to remove
Address newer issues related to the digital world and worldwide web
130. Demand for which language in the 8th Schedule of Indian constitution could be accepted
131. Expand LAAR Bill.
Land Acquisition, Rehabilitation and Resettlement Bill
132. Name the Grammy-winning, nicknamed the Queen of Disco who passed away after a battle with cancer.
133. What value of swap facility has RBI set up for SAARC nations?
134. At what value did Facebook IPO open at Nasdaq?
135. Who rang the opening bell remotely of Nasdaq as Facebook made its public debut on
18th May 2012?
Facebook founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg
136. Name the NRI who became the first Lord Mayor of Leicester town in UK.
Abdul Razak Osman
137. Name the Indian-American who was elected to Sugar Land City of Texas in US.
138. Death due to which insect is an accident and is covered under accidental death insurance
as per the North District Consumer Forum in India?
139. Kerala investor meet was held as a part of build-up towards which event in September
Emerging Kerala Conclave
140. Which rating agency has downgraded Greek banks ratings from B- to CCC?
Fitch rating agency
141. How many Spanish banks debt ratings have been cut by Moody’s, citing the effects of
16 Spanish banks
142. Name the 73 year old Japanese oldest woman to scale Mt.Everest.
143. Which Mobile E-commerce App was acquired by Facebook recently?
144. What is the name of the new version of Android Operating System called?
Android 5 “Jelly bean”
145. What is the name of new tool launched by yahoo for online advertisers for their data
146. Who won the Football Champions League 2012 final match against Bayern Munich?
147. Which state Government in the west of India completed 1 year at office?
148. Which state Government in South India completed 1 year at office?
149. Which Indian state is now center of spiritual tourism?
150. Cyber Defence Research Centre came into operation recently in which Indian state?
151. Name the 1st Bangladeshi woman who scaled Mt.Everest.
152. Name the Indian origin British civil servant who was chosen as president of European
Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
153. Which country will become biggest IT consumer in Asia-Pacific surpassing Japan?
154. Name the 12 years and 9 months old child prodigy from Bhojpur district in Bihar who
created history by cracking IIT-JEE 2012.
Satyam Kumar of Bakhorapur
155. Who won the French MotoGP 2012?
156. One-year of rural posting is made compulsory for which medical course in India?
157. Name the Indian player who won his first ever ATP Challenger singles title 2012.
158. Name the asteroid which could come near to earth on 15 February 2013 leading to
disruption of geosynchronous satellites.
159. Name the 12 year old who has lectured at harvard and co-written a book in America.
160. Name the card that would popularise after Chief General Manager D.V.Deshpande for
NABARD urged commercial banks to promote it in Bihar.
Kisan Credit Card
161. Name the former Prime Minister who’s 21st death anniversary was observed in India on
21st May 2012.
162. Which browser over took Internet Explorer to become top browser in the world?
163. Which country is pressing for global internet governance to the UN committee?
164. As per the Delhi Registration of Marriages Bill 2012, marriage registration is made
compulsory in Delhi within how many days of tying the knot?
60 days. If exceeds, one has to pay a fine of Rs.10,000
165. Which Indian state with over 6 lakh unemployed youths could get an Information and
Jammu and Kashmir
166. Name the tower in Dubai, UAE which is 413.4 metres (1,356 feet) high and has 101
storeys, the world’s tallest residential building.
167. Who won the men’s Rome Masters 2012 for a record 6th time?
168. Which act was passed for Sikh organisations recently?
Anand Marriage Act
169. What is the changed brand name of West Assam Milk Producer’s Cooperative Union Ltd.
(Wamul) milk in the market?
170. Name one among the Bee Gees who died recently fighting against cancer.
171. Which city in Rajasthan will be made smoking free?
172. Expand ADaRSH.
Association for Development and Research of Sustainable
173. Expand GRIHA.
Green Rating for Integrated Habitat Assessment
174. Name the former chief minister of Meghalaya who passed away recently.
Flinder Anderson Khonglam
175. Which state Government in India announced a pension of Rs.1,000 per month post
retirement and housing scheme for homeless journalists?
176. Name the deputy Prime Minister who quit from Nepal cabinet recently.
177. Expand PAC.
Public Accounts Committee
178. Name the Indian who became the first Prime Minister to visit Myanmar after 25 years.
179. Who won the 66th Santosh Trophy?
Services against Tamil Nadu (3-2)
180. Which company has warned of internet blackout on July 9th 2012?
181. Which company has invested Rs.21,000 crore to setup railway wagon and component
factory in West Bengal?
182. Name the tennis player who played his 50th Grand Slam tournament at the French Open
183. Who won the Monaco Grand Prix 2012?
184. Who won the Chennai Open 2012 at the Indian Squash Academy?
Joshna Chinappa (6th title of her career)
185. Who won the Thomas Cup 2012 title?
186. Which countries recently signed 12 agreements, including a $500 million credit line,
border area development and air services?
India and Mayanmar
187. Where in India 3-day international student’s film festival will be held from 1st June
188. Which film of Raj Kapoor has been added to All-Time 100 list of the greatest films made
since 1923 by Time magazine?
189. Who has been appointed as commerce secretary in India?
190. Who has been appointed as director general of Jammu and Kashmir police?
191. Which football team has been identified as the world’s most popular football club by a
survey carried out by market research agency, Kantar?
192. Expand SFIO.
Serious Fraud Investigation Office
193. Which Northeast state got Software Technology Park recently?
194. Ritesh Idnani was Chief Operating Officer of which BPO company?